Decent Audio in the UK got in touch to tell Hifi Pig about the launch of two new products from Audeze: the open reference LCD-X and closed-back LCD-XC.The Audeze LCD-X and LCX-XC will be officially launched in the UK at Sound & Vision 2014, Bristol, 21st – 23rd February 2014.
As regular readers will know Audeze (pronounced Odyssey) headphones feature planar magnetic drive units that use ultra-thin uniformly driven diaphragms which Audeze say produce outstanding levels of transparency, detail and power.
The new headphones benefit from a completely redesigned planar magnetic driver featuring a newly-developed and processed transducer made of a thinner and lighter material with new Fazor technology. Audeze’s patent-pending Fazor elements are unique to the LCD-X and LCD-XC and help guide and manage the flow of sound in the headphone. The result is sid to be improved phase response, greater frequency extension, smoother frequency response and 3D holographic imaging. The transducer is specifically designed to work with a wide variety of driving sources.
The LCD-XC is Audeze’s first ever closed back design and has been several years in the making. Audeze customers began asking for a closed-back design back in 2010 when the open LCD-2 headphone was introduced. While the company was more than happy to provideit wanted to get it right. “After much research and various design prototypes we finally developed the materials and supporting structure that produces our unprecedented Audeze sound,” said Sankar Thiagasamudram, Chief Operating Officer at Audeze. “We’re excited to finally release the LCD-XC.”
“For the purest, most discerning audiophile listening sessions, open headphones remain the favored choice,” say the company, “but our closed-back LCD-XC is the best enclosed headphone experience you’ll find.”
Both new headphones are available in either lambskin leather or leather-free microsuede, and the LCD-XC features wood enclosure caps.
Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC features:
- A completely redesigned planar magnetic driver.
- A newly-developed and processed transducer made of a thinner and lighter material with new patent-pending Fazor technology.
- Specifically designed to work with a wide variety of driving sources, from portable players to studio use.
- Earcups made from polished anodized aluminum (LCD-X)
- Wood cups in hand-worked Bubinga and enclosures made from precision-crafted anodized aluminum.
- Comfortable sloped earpads in either premium lambskin leather or a leather-free super-suede microfibre. The earpads are designed with specially-crafted foam offering the proper firmness and the right acoustic balance.