Burson got in touch with Hifi Pig to tell us they are introducing the pocket sized, USB powered “Conductor Air”. Details are pretty scant at the moment but they say that just like its full sized sibling, its a USB DAC, Head amp, Preamp 3 in 1 unit.
- 185g uni-body aluminium enclosure
- Xmos USB receiver capable of native streaming DSD256, DXD, 32bit/384khz audio files
- SABRE32/ESS9018 DAC chip, just like the desktop Conductor V2+
- Raising a 5V USB power to 18V resulting in 4 times the dynamic range and 500mW into 32ohm of power
- Remote controlled preamp.
The conductor Air will come in both silver and black and will cost $499 when it is available in late August.