Hot on the footsteps of the DacMagic Plus, Cambridge Audio announces another arrival to the DacMagic family. The DacMagic 100 is an entry-level digital to analogue converter designed to enhance a whole range of digital audio devices.
Based on the same compact chassis as the iD100 iPad / iPhone dock, DacMagic 100 is said to be the ideal partner for this digital dock and it claims to significantly upgrade the quality of audio stored or streamed from a docked Apple device. In addition, there are three digital connections for connecting a wide range of products including TVs, network music players and Blu-ray players. DacMagic 100 is equipped with Cambridge Audio’s latest USB audio input which allows studio master, uncompressed 24-bit / 192kHz files to be upgraded from any Windows or Apple computer.
Since launching the original DacMagic in 2008 – the first dedicated DAC for the computer music generation – the way we listen to music has shifted dramatically. CD sales have declined rapidly and the popularity of online music collections as well as streaming services have exploded. DacMagic 100 provides an accomplished solution for digital music files by extracting the highest quality 24-bit music data from PCs or Macs.
DacMagic 100 key features
• New Wolfson WM8742 DAC
- New 24/96 driverless USB Audio input – or up to 24/192 USB input using free Cambridge Audio driver (available from website) allowing playback of the highest resolution audio files and kernel streaming and ASIO modes with asynchronous transfer
- Three digital inputs 1 x optical and 2 x S/P DIF coaxial connections
• RCA phono analogue outputs for connection to hi-fi or home entertainment system
• Incoming sampling rate indicator 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 192kHz
• Full metal chassis and new wraparound casework with thick aluminium front panel
• Available in silver or black