The high-end VIRTU “Masters Reference” Mono PreAmplifier from Swiss manufacturer DaVinciAudio Labs is an interesting looking piece of hifi with its outsized controls and funky back plate.
The preamplifier is “designed without any cost constraint” and with “fanatic attention to detail and unconventional circuit design” which the company says separates them from the mainstream.
DaVinciAudio Labs claim that the VIRTU is a worldwide unique design, being single ended, transformer coupled and class A. This PreAmplifier is totally transformer coupled and is powered by an external PowerSupply.
The VIRTU sports 3 RCA and 2 XLR inputs and 2 switchable XLR/RCA outputs.
Key Design points (taken from the company’s press release)
1. Carefully selected components
2. Particular components for these amplifiers are single ended solid state design
3. All class A operating point
4. Own creation of transformer coupled circuit design
5. Output transformer potentiometer
6. Each stage has its own special hand made transformer, developed by DaVinciAudio in Bern
7. Chassis are milled from solid aluminum block