The Cast Amp is the first product from Densen to allow streaming. By using Google Cast Audio technology, users will be able to stream music directly from services such as TIDAL. The component can also be used with Google Home to implement multiroom listening. A specially shaped, pure aluminium cabinet encases the external Wi-Fi Source along with a high-end DAC.
The most interesting and unique feature of the Cast Amp is the internal Power Amplifier. This is a scaled down version of the upcoming B-390 Power Amplifier (set to be released in late 2017) that has been 15 years in the making. The delivery of the Cast Amp is 2 x 60 W in 8 ohm and 2 x 120W in 4 ohm. As such, the component can also be used as a standalone power amp with a 5V trigger. Densen’s Cast Amp uses already pre-established streaming software to ensure that no issues are created between Densen created software and Google Cast. The non-magnetic casing adds to the Cast Amp’s benefits and decreases magnetic distortion. The aluminium casing also creates a heatsink, ensuring that it does not overheat.
Retail Price £2,895.
· Output power: 2 x 60 W 8 Ω / 2 x 120 W 4 Ω
· Power supply: 400 VA and 20.000 uF
· 9 individual powersupplies
· 5 volt trigger for remote control, when used as pure poweramp
· Upgradeable DAC
· Controllable via GOOGLE CAST AUDIO
· Size: Height: 64mm (72mm with feet). Width: 220mm. Depth:310mm (+cable connectors)
· Available in both Albino silver and black
· Manufactured in Denmark