The GALILEO loudspeakers is the development of the design concept that last year brought the company’s DA VINCI model. Their target was to get the same listening experience of the DA VINCI but “bigger” and able to play in the largest of listening rooms.
The EMMESpeakers wanted to develop a multi driver loudspeaker with a flat response and they say that even with its seven drivers the GALILEO achieves this.
The bigger cabinet, and the need to keep it relatively lightweight represented a new challenge against standing waves and resonances, but by using a combination of discontinuity in shape, mass variation and absorbing material with high damping the company say they have achieved their goal.
The decoupling of the ceramic midwoofers and tweeter has been obtained by using a high mass aluminum front panel in which they are inserted.
– 3 way floorstanding loudspeaker
– Sealed box
– no. 4 10” – 290 mm rear Aluminium Woofer
– no. 2 5” – 124 mm Accuton CELL ceramic Midwoofer
– no. 1 1,2” – 30 mm Accuton CELL ceramic Tweeter
– Sensitivity 86 db
– Power Handling 300 watt
– Nominal impedance 6 Ohm
– Frequency response: 20Hz – 20Khz
– Dimensions (HxWxD): 1490mm x 386mm x 452mm
– Net weight (per unit): 80 kg
Cost from 14.990 up to 16.900 EUR each, depending by the finish.
World premiere at the upcoming Munich High End Show (Halle 3 F09/G09).