In celebration of its 10th anniversary, Californian loudspeaker specialist Magico has announced M Project: a very special limited-edition speaker drawing upon all the elements that have earned the company a great reputation in the world of high-end loudspeakers
In 10, Magico has garnered tremendous respect among the high-end audio fraternity, harnessing exemplary science and engineering to deliver what some say are some of the best-sounding loudspeakers on the planet. The company’s latest design, dubbed ‘M Project’, is the culmination of all it has achieved to date, further developing technologies from existing models to create a special anniversary speaker with production limited to 50 pairs.
The speaker is built to order with prices starting at ￡130,000 per pair, depending on the specified finish (multiple automotive paint options are available if desired). Deliveries begin in October.
• Three-way, five-driver floorstanding loudspeaker
• New enclosure comprising aluminium skeleton topology, acoustically optimised front plate and carbon-fibre sides
• Magico¹s signature front baffle contour further optimised to incorporate edge-free top and bottom plates
• Newly designed curved cabinet shape minimises internal resonances and requires minimal damping
• Unique 28mm diamond-coated beryllium dome tweeter
• 15cm midrange driver derived from Magico¹s much-lauded Q7 speaker, with proprietary Nano-Tec cone (made from a combination of Rohacell, carbon fibre and carbon nanotubes)
• Three 25cm bass drivers with Nano-Tec cones, designed especially for M Project