2014 marks the 25th anniversary of the launch of Meridian’s first digital loudspeaker – in fact the first digital loudspeaker in the world – the D600, in 1989.
Honouring the 25th anniversary of the introduction of the D600 loudspeaker, 2014 has seen Meridian launch and now make available to order a new Special Edition series of DSP Digital Active Loudspeakers, featuring a beryllium domed tweeter, new electronics and driver clamp rings.
- The DSP8000 SE, DSP7200 SE and DSP5200 SE all feature the following new improvements:
- New Meridian-designed semi-horn-loaded tweeter with new beryllium dome.
- Wide bandwidth analogue electronics, optimised to take maximum advantage of high-resolution recordings.
- New DSP including Meridian’s unique EBA (Enhanced Bass Alignment) technology to provide fast, clean bass and an open transparent sound-stage.
- All drive units clamped with machined rings to provide enhanced mechanical stability.
Confirmed Recommended Retail Pricing for the new Special Edition Loudspeaker models is;
DSP5200 SE £10,000.00
DSP5200HC/VC SE £5,250.00
DSP7200 SE £24,000.00
DSP7200HC/VC SE £12,500.00
DSP8000 SE £43,000.00
DSP8000VC SE £22,000.00
Existing owners of DSP5200, DSP7200 and DSP8000 – including the Anniversary Edition – can upgrade with the new Beryllium-dome tweeter and a complete new electronics and DSP package. This upgrade option also includes a full new warranty for the entire loudspeaker system.
Commenting on the new range, Bob Stuart, one of Meridian’s co-founders and now Chairman and Chief Technical Officer, said “The new Special Edition DSP Digital Active Loudspeakers from Meridian provide the most revealing, lifelike and powerful performance of any Meridian loudspeakers to date. Developed from expertise honed over more than 25 years of true research and continual system development, these new Special Edition loudspeakers specifically benefit from Meridian’s scientific research into how humans perceive sound, or ‘how we hear’, in particular focusing on how our brains process live sound.”