Furutech’s range of connectors has always featured new construction techniques. From their ‘alpha’-treated metal parts (a Furutech-developed process involving cryogenic freezing and ring demagnetisation) to their patented Floating Field Damper system, Furutech say that “all technologies are painstakingly developed to perceptibly improve the performance of audio and AV systems”.
The latest advancement is ‘NCF’: Nano Crystal² Formula, an ‘active’ anti-resonance damping material now included in the body of selected connectors. Developed in-house by Furutech’s design and engineering team, NCF already features in the brand’s top-of-range NanoFlux NCF power cable. Now it is now being incorporated into the bodies of several of the company’s connectors.
NCF features a precise mix of a special crystalline material that has two ‘active’ properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared. Furutech then combines this crystalline material with nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional piezoelectric damping properties. The resulting Nano Crystal² Formula, created by and exclusive to Furutech, which they claim “eliminates static, interconverts thermal, mechanical and electrical energy and damps vibrations, enabling a stunningly pure and stable signal transfer”.
The connectors now available with NCF-enhanced bodies include:
- FI-C15 NCF(R) slim body connector, ideal for difficult-to-access sockets
- FI-52 NCF(R) high-performance 16A connector
- FI-50 NCF(R) high-performance 10A connector
- FI-UK NCF (R) high-performance BS-1363 connector for the UK (2-pole + earth, 250V AC, 13A fuse, RoHS-compliant fireproof ABS body/housing)
- FI-E50 NCF(R) ultimate-performance Schuko connector
– plus a wide range of wall and chassis sockets. (‘R’ denotes rhodium-plated pins).
Pricing & availability
Furutech’s NCF connectors are available now priced as follows (including VAT):
|IEC connectors||FI-C15 NCF (R)
FI-52 NCF (R)
|UK connectors||FI-UK NCF (R)||£ 135|
|Schuko connectors||FI-E50 NCF(R)||£ 278|