NuForce, Inc have announced a single-chassis integrated stereo amplifier, the IA-18. The unit incorporates components used in NuForce’s c Reference Series products including much of the same circuitry as the P-20, the company’s most recent flagship preamplifier, a Cross Matrix Array (CMA) capacitor module, and two V3 output amplifier modules.
The IA-18 features five analogue RCA inputs and the same touch-strip control panel as that of its reference sibling. The IA-18’s volume control, which, like the P-20’s, consists of a switched-resistor ladder network consisting of the latest advances in thin-film technology is said to be a key feature of the amplifier and operates by way of a single thin-film, ultra-low-noise resistor in the signal path for each of its 0.5dB gain settings, allowing for precise volume adjustment for each channel in discrete, 0.5dB steps.
The amp is offered in a black or silver sand-blasted anodized aluminum case and includes a custom-designed remote that permits operation of all of the unit’s functions from listening position.
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Five stereo inputs for complete system flexibility
- Ultra low noise JFETs employed in input stage
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments
- Thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume – only a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of all sources
- A pair of V3 amplifier modules
- Cross-Matrix Array (CMA) capacitor module
The NuForce IA-18 is available worldwide for a suggested retail price of US$3500 and shipping immediately.