Reference Fidelity Components, under the leadership of our own Paul, has announced the launch of it’s all new, full range loudspeaker which they are calling the Reference Fidelio – a loudspeaker that has been created to be a “final destination”.
This floor standing loudspeaker utilises the legendary Tannoy 12 inch DC driver to deliver “breath-taking dynamics, scale and imaging”.
Each loudspeaker is hand crafted in 24mm Birch Ply and finished in a choice of real wood veneers. Front baffle edges are made from solid American Black Walnut.
Internal crossovers are hand built using “very high quality components throughout” including Claritycap ESA capacitors and Janxten air-cored inductors. Furthermore each components is hand picked to be within 1% tolerance.
It’s a front ported design and the cabinets are said to be exceptionally stiff, with interior bracing and panel surface damping designed to reduce panel resonance amplitudes in the critical mid-range frequency area. Not surprisingly each cabinet takes 80 -90 hours to complete.
- Frequency Response: 28Hz-20KHz (-6dB);
- Sensitivity: 92dB/1w/1m
- Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms (easy load)
- 25mm Solid Birch ply braced cabinet, choice of real wood veneers and finishes;
- 35mm ply/mdf laminated front baffle for low resonance
- Hand built and tuned custom crossovers.
- Net volume: 160 litres
- Dimensions: 1280x525x425mm; 70Kg approx per loudspeaker.
- Recommended amplifier power: From 25 Watts, valve or solid state
Completed Loudspeakers: £6, 495.00, Cabinets Only: £4,950, Cabinets plus Crossovers: £5,250 all depending on the veneers you choose.