Implementing the latest ESS Technologies ES9028PRO DAC chip, Benchmark is once more raising the bar for the performance DAC market says the company’s recent press release. The DAC3 retains the form factor of the DAC2, including HGC, L and DX versions in sliver or black, but achieves some considerable performance improvements.
In the DAC3, Benchmark uses the following techniques to maximise the performance of the ES9028PRO:
- 4:1 channel summing – improves the SNR by 6 dB
- External I-V converters – lower noise and lower distortion
- Precision differential amplifier – removes common-mode distortion
- Very low noise voltage regulator – Benchmark discrete design reduces noise and distortion
- UtraLock3™jitter attenuation – virtually perfect jitter rejection
- 211 kHz Upsampling – eliminates time-domain errors caused by the D/A conversion chip
- High-headroom DSP – eliminates clipping of intersample peaks
- 6-layer circuit board with external ground planes – reduces noise and provides RF shielding
RRP prices in the UK will be as follows.
DAC3L (no headphone amp) – RRP £2099inc VAT
DAC3DX (no preamp, pro features) – RRP £2199inc VAT
DAC3HGC (headphone amp and pre) – RRP £2349inc VAT