Ian at HMF Solutions brought this rather splendid looking turntable to our attention. It’s the Acoustical Systems “The APOLYT” and it’s limited to just twenty two units worldwide.
As well as a host of other innovative features the APOLYT features a unique custom designed air-suspension system which is “based on optical table designs, but featuring a most advanced air-spring-capacitor-induction suspension system with a resulting resonance frequency below 0.5 Hz.”
It has up to 4 of these tonearm bases offering the user great flexibility and choice of tonearm/cartridge combinations.
The APOLYT is designed and manufactured in Germany.
– platter weight: 58 kg
– chassis weight: 188 kg
– 4 motors – motors weight 26 kg
– powersupply weight: 38 kg
– net weight: 388 kg
– shipping weight: 580 kg (delivery in 8 flight cases)
– dimensions (w x d x h): 108 cm x 69 cm x 128 cm
– wow & flutter: below 0.01% (W.R.M.S)
– speed: 33 1/3 rpm and 45 rpm – all speeds w/ precise adjustment option
– operation voltage: DC-operation and selectable 100 / 120 / 220 / 230 / 240 V – 50/60 Hz
– drive: belt drive, custom aramide belt AND symmetrical idler-drive
– power consumption in operation: 0 W, in re-charge logic mode: 120 Watt
– user choice / selectable: 1, 2, 3 or 4 arm bases
– user adjustable – build-in – air flow and air pressure for optional air-bearing tonearm
– user adjustable tuning resonance frequency
– automatic levelling
– optional 2 shelves incorporated for phono stage / line stage – full isolated within the air spring frame.
– platter based on bi-radial, full aero-static, air-bearing – vertical and horizontal.
– complete plinth and optional integrated rack suspended on true air-spring-induction-field suspension with resonance frequency below 0.5 Hz.
– speed quartz controlled and user adjustable +/- 5%.
– double belt drive AND double idler-drive – user selectable and engaging/disengaging on push button.
– center of moving mass resting in bearing plane.
– platter inertia 38x of Micro Seiki SX-8000 platter.
– compound platter featuring definite energy transfer and internal liquid dampening.
– center of platter mass identical with plane of bearing/rotation = perfect resting mass principle.
– compound arm bases with identical energy transfer concept as platter.
– super fast exchange of arm boards.
– no possible build-up of static energy during play.
– both double motor-drives powered by custom amplifier and pure DC-power supply.
(battery sourced with automatic recharging and automatic redundant AC-power supply)
– optional additional speeds: 16 2/3 rpm and 78 rpm
– optional wooden or smoked glass side panels – detachable
– optional rack front cover choice of prime wood veneer or smoked glass
– acrylic dust cover
– optional 24kt plating or polished chrome finish on selected parts (frame, dome caps)