The TN-570 belt-driven turntable combines a clear acrylic platter, an AT100E Moving Magnet cartridge, an all-new, height-adjustable S-shaped tonearm, all mounted on a dual-layer composite black marble/high-density MDF base.
TEAC TN-570 – KEY FEATURES
- Belt-drive turntable with electronic speed change
· New static-balanced S-type tonearm
· Clear acrylic platter
· Dual-Layer composite artificial black marble/high density MDF plinth
· Platter Rotation Sensing Servo System (P.R.S3)
· Built-in phono stage (moving magnet)
· Optical digital output (192kHz/24-bit max) and USB output (48kHz/16-bit) for transferring music from vinyl records to your Mac or PC
· Supplied AT-100E moving magnet (MM) cartridge
The new S-shaped tonearm features a light alloy universal headshell (to allow easy cartridge swapping) and is height adjustable, to compensate for cartridges that are greater in height than usual. In another break from the norm, speed selection between 33 1/3rd and 45 RPM speeds is achieved electronically, rather than requiring the platter to be physically removed in order to move the belt.
TEAC has also developed a ingenious Platter Rotation Sensing Servo System (using an optical sensor) to deliver a rotation precision that’s almost the same as you’d get with a direct-drive.
And the same goes for the combination of a clear 16mm acrylic platter and massive Dual Layer composite artificial marble ‘Onyx Emperador’/MDF base (secured on a honeycomb structure bottom cover). The materials have been chosen, after extensive listening, for their ability to help minimise unwanted resonance.!
Maximizing the TEAC TN-570’s versatility, a built-in MM phono stage is also included, along with an optical output (up to 192kHz/24-bit) and USB output (48kHz/16-bit), allowing owners to convert their vinyl to the latest digital formats (a version of the TN-570 without the digital output stage – called the TN-550 – will also be available in certain markets).
Price (only in black, available now)
TN-570 – £749
TN-550 – £599