Continuing a trend for smaller hifi, the cabinet of the XETAC DAC is based on the footprint of the Mac Mini and is made from a solid 1” (25mm) thick Aluminium plate by CNC machines in Germany. It uses small SMD components, also used in smartphones, allowing more than 200 precision mounted components to be inside a cabinet of only 1”x 7.7” x 7.7” or 25 mm tall, 197 mm wide and 197 mm deep.
The XETAC DAC will work with all computers, MS, Linux and Apple or with an an old CD or DVD player.
XETAC will increase its range of products in the future with a level controlled amplifier, a phonostage, a headphone amplifier, a preamplifier and several versions of its DACs
XETAC DAC 3 production orders are now being built for delivery and launch in September 2013 at a recommended retail price of €600.
- High End Analog Devices AD1853 24-bit/192 kHz Digital to Analog Converter IC
- Analog Devices AD 1895 Asynchronous sample rate converter is used for all 3 inputs
- All 3 inputs feature jitter reduction.
- All input frequencies are re-clocked and upsampled to 422 kHz
- USB input acepts 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz, 16 and 24 bit
- Accepts variable volume mode in Windows®
- Texas Instruments TAS1020B USB with Holm Acoustics firmware.
- The Optical TOSLINK digital input accepts 8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 16kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 16 and 24 bit.
- The RCA S/PDIF digital input accepts 8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 16 kHz, 32kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 16 and 24 bit.
- National LM49740 amplifiers .
- 2 Volt RMS output
- Low 47 Ohm output impedance.
- Dual power inputs enable +12V -12V DC operation from batteries or Solar power.